Sitecom WL344 USB Adapter (wireless N)

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by BoBBYI986, Jan 5, 2010.

1. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Hi all got a problem with the Sitecom wl344 x2 wireless N usb adapter. The adapter connects to the wireless network as it should but it's capable of speeds of 300mbit so in theory should connect about 270mbit, but it only connects at 135mbit, I've tried two different drivers windows seven generic driver and also the driver on their website still no difference, I've looked everywhere for firmware update, still can't find anything, emailed customer support and no response. The router I use is a Billion 7402nx vpn router with Wireless N, I've checked all settings in the router and cannot fault it, brillaint piece of kit. Just wondering if any of you guys have this adapter or have come across the same problem and have a solution. Thanks, any advice will be much apreciated.

2. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Uhh... well wikipedia says that the throughput is typically 50–144 Mbit/s .. ? It's here if you scroll down to the 802.11n section. Also lists a similar number if you click on the main article and scroll down to the Comparison table at the bottom

I've never dealt with your issue and don't know much about these wireless standards and stuff, so I don't know what exactly all those things mean, like net bit rate and gross bit rate, and why they're different, but maybe that's the answer?

You've probably already looked at that stuff; sorry if my suggestion is dumb lol

3. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Hi thanks for your reply. There are two types of N 150mbit and 300mbit. And i've got a 300mbit adapter and wireless router. I'm still thinkin it's down to sitecom being shit and having no firmware update for their adapter and also no good drivers. The damn adapter doesn't even work with aircrack-ng pffftt. Damn I wish i could write my own drivers and firmware lol. Soemthing I will have to try and learn in the future :)