SMASUNG Printer - RPC Server is unavailable

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by anjanesh, Mar 30, 2005.

1. anjanesh

anjanesh Geek Trainee

All of a sudden my printer stopped working.
    Start > Settings > Printers - nothing is there except Add Printer. Before my Printer was there - SAMSUNG ML 1210.

Now If I try adding a Printer it shows a Msg titled "Out Of Resources" - Printer operation cannot continue due to lack of resources. The printer subsystem is unavailable.

I downloaded the SAMSUNG ML-1210 Printer Driver (Ver. 2.10).exe from SAMSUNG site and gave Repair (there were 2 options - Repair and Remove - Install was not there). Gave Repair - it gave a msg titled : sspnt2kxp - The RPC Server is unavailable

I ran Dr. Printer (ML-1210 Printer Diagnosis Program) and it showed Failed to check Printer Status.

I can print the SAMSUNG's test print - but I guess thats in the printer's buffer - so the printer is working - its the driver issue ?

Thanks

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Every time I've seen this problem, the Windows print spooler has crashed. Have you tried rebooting?

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I had this problem with my printer, I can't remember what I did to fix it, but I think I had ro replace a file.

As Anti has suggested its the windows print spooler thats causing the problem, try doing a windows repair.

4. anjanesh

anjanesh Geek Trainee

Thanks. It got alright when Windows restarted. I dont understand how it can be out of resources on Windows 2000 with a 256MB DDR RAM.

5. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

coo, mine was corrupt so even after a restart it would not work! glad you got it working.