Sony VAIO FE-41S - Boot Failure/Does Not Power Up

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by makster88, Nov 2, 2009.

1. makster88

makster88 Geek Trainee

Hello,

I have a Sony VAIO FE41S that has unexpectedly stopped booting/powering on.

Upon attempting to power up - the Power Button displays a green light as per usual, but nothing boots e.g. no fan noises, display does not turn on.

This happens regardless of the Computer having both AC Adaptor/Battery charge, Battery Only or AC Adaptor only. Holding the Power button for 5 seconds does not turn the Laptop off as usual, and pressing it repeatedly just causes the Battery icon to flicker on/off.

If the computer is hooked up the the AC Adaptor, and no button is pressed, the Battery icon double-blinks regularly (suggesting it is charging) - but this seems to achieve no effect.

Any ideas?
    Thanks for reading, I really appreciate any thoughts you guys may have.

2. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Seems to be either a power supply problem or a dead battery problem. Could also be a fried motherboard but not likely...
    Before this happened did you smell any burning or witness any smoke coming from the computer?

3. makster88

makster88 Geek Trainee

Thanks for replying.
    I have a spare battery so it doesn't seem to be that, could it be a Power Supply problem even if the Laptop doesn't start up on fully-charged Battery-only power?

There was no burning, smell or anything similar.

4. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

I just realized that i made a big mistake when i said "it could be the power supply"... i forgot the obvious (the battery IS the power supply!)

With that said... i believe its a motherboard problem. I wouldn't know how to diagnose though...