Sound Card Not Working

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by SexiMexi9018, Dec 15, 2006.

1. SexiMexi9018

SexiMexi9018 Geek Trainee

I just got a new case for my comp and just put everything in it, when i got it up and running my Sound Card wont work so i have to use Intergrated Sound, i'm find with this but i mean i spend 50$ on something that i can't use now, i was just wondering if anyone knew Why, and it words before i moved everything into my new case. And before anyone says anything, I have all the Latest Everything and its Hooked up right, and ideas.

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

change the PCI slot n see if it works...

3. SexiMexi9018

well there is one problem, on my Mobo there is something in the way of my other PCI Slot, so it is useless lol...there are 3 of the little things on the small thin wire so i can't put anything there

4. Karanislove

Disable onboard Sound and hook ur speakers in your PCI sound card...
    Check couple of things...
    1. Any error in the Device Manger?
    2. Remove all the Drivers and Restart your computer, your computer will detect it, if yes then install the drivers again...
    3. Pull out and insert it back again in to PCI slot..
    4. Check all the volume tabs, if there is any on mute... :doh:

Check these and we will see according to the new outcome... ;) good luck

5. SexiMexi9018

thanks, uninstalling the drivers worked

6. Karanislove

u r welcome!

7. SexiMexi9018

lol it worked for a little while and stopped agian, but i found the problem, when i switched cases, i my mobo was kinda bent when i screwed it in, so the PCI slots were not able to have things pluged into them all the way so what ever was in them was able to be half in and half out, so all i had to do was unscrew some of the screws holding my mobo in and it was all fixed, just thought i would let you know the real problem, and the reason i think the drivers worked was because i was always switching between onboad sound and my sound card, so one of the times when i plugged my speakers into my sound card, i think it might have pushed it in to the PCI slot just far enough that it worked for a while before comming out agian. but anyway i fixed it!

8. Karanislove

lol! Thanks for the update.... ;)