Speakers are recognized as 2 channels instead of 4 channel

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by eshban, Sep 26, 2011.

1. eshban

eshban Geek

HI

I have Creative 4.1 speakers and I have a sound card "Creative Audigy 2 -SB0240" 7.1 Channel. When i connect my speakers with this card then it just recognized them as 2 channel speakers instead of 4 channel.

"The front 2 speakers are working. But the rear speakers are out of sound. How can I get sound in all 4 speakers?"

Can anyone guide that how to fix this problem or how to connect the cables so that it works as a 4 channel.

Thanks

2. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Hi,

Have you installed the software that came with the card, not just the driver but the creative software? If you have, you should be able to go to start menu - Creative - Sound Blaster Audigy (or something similar) and then click on Creative Speaker settings. This should let you choose different speaker configurations, including 4.1. If you do not have the software, I would go to the vendor's website to download and install it. They should also have instructions or a manual for the card/speakers to show where they plug in, in case you have any questions about your sound card.

Also, you can try going to into the windows control panel and go under the sounds and audios devices section, double click it and on the volume tab, there should be a speaker settings section with an advanced button. If you hit that advanced button, it gives you different options for speaker setup as well :)