Staples UK

Discussion in 'Bargain Zone' started by zeus, Dec 30, 2006.

1. zeus

zeus out of date

They are doing 200gb Seagate Barracudas for £40! I got one today.

I was thinking about a 320gb external maxtor from pc world for £60 but went for an internal in the end.

2. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

well u can get a 250gb WD hard drive for £46 from the internet and a 320gb for around £52

3. zeus

zeus out of date

tbh you can get 320gb drives for £45 on the net. PCWorld do 320gb external drives for £60.
    Its just the postage cost, delivery time, what if its broken.... sometimes i'll happily pay more just so I can go to the shop bring it home and use it.

4. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

where? i needed 1

5. zeus

zeus out of date

It came up in froogle but I cant find it now.

6. Addis

Addis The King

If you ever have problems returning something in PC World, jsut make a scene. A big scene. You'll have no problems then.

7. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

tell us bout your experience. what happened
    when i returned a psu, i just sed 'the pc case was not big enough for the psu, this psu is much bigger than the old one so theres no need, can i have a refund please'
    5mins later, got £65 back

8. disco dave

disco dave Geek Trainee

PC world. Old hat sold by muppets.

Apologies to anyone who works there but far too often I have gone in there knowing what Im looking for and the sales staff insistent on trying their upsell spiel often look quite blank at me when I talk tech stuff to them. Most of the stuff has been out of date and overpriced.

I had to laugh at this sales guy I heard once. He was going OTT about this wonderful student laptop package , singing its praises to this young and very impressed girl. and how his face dropped when i interrupted him and told the girl why celeron chips so no good. and pointed out a cheaper and better spec'd pentium. Poor guy didnt know where to put his face...