stops every 5-10 seconds after start. and automaticaly starts again. loop continues

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by smsouvik2008, Sep 17, 2009.

1. smsouvik2008

smsouvik2008 Geek Trainee

hello this is souvik. please help me friends. i've got a new problem. few days ago when started, my computer worked perfectly. but when i rebooted, my computer:
    1. either kept on restarting before anything was shown. there was nothing displayed on screen.
    2. or it would work normally for 5-10 seconds and start automatically before showing up anything. and automatically start. this loop continued. there was nothing displayed on screen.

but this morning when i started my computer, it got one of the following two problems:
    1. Either worked for 5-10 seconds and stopped.. (i mean the cpu fan stopped.) and automatically it started and the same thing. there was nothing displayed on screen. it continued on looping like this.
    2. Or after turning my computer on the long beep sound is heard and this continues for time and again without any display until I forcefully turn off or press alt+ctrl+del.ut this problem does'nt occur everytime the computer starts. And sometimes the computer goes on rebooting without displaying anything on monitor. I have come to know about this by seeing the Combo led and the keyboard leds. I've changed my RAMs and tried but the problem persists.

My computer specifications:

Video Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
    Sound Card: Realtek AC'97
    Motherboard: zebronics 865
    HDD: Seagate 80GB
    PSU: Mercury 300W SMPS
    RAM : two 266Mhz DDR SDRAM
    2 D-Link LAN cards
    LG combo
    1 Floppy drive
    Operating System: Win XP SP3 and Linux Mandriva 2009

2. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

stops every 5-10 seconds after start. and automaticaly starts again. loop continu

disconnect your reset switch from the motherboards control panel. see how it goes.

3. smsouvik2008

smsouvik2008 Geek Trainee

stops every 5-10 seconds after start. and automaticaly starts again. loop continu

yes sir i've done that. bt the problem persists. please help me

4. 0mega9401

0mega9401 Geek Trainee

take all your leds and unplug them then turn the machine on by jumping the two pins where the pw plug was ps switch its not label in some cheaper cases"