Strange issue with headphones

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by minorking, May 11, 2010.

1. minorking

minorking Geek Trainee

I recently bought a pair of Speed-link Medusa 5.1 headphones. Talking about sound, I have no problems. The thing is, that these headphones come with a vibrating effect, but it doesn't work on Windows 7, but they do vibrate under Windows XP (OS which I don't want to use anymore). I currently use my onboard audio on my Intel DX48BT2 mother board. I configured them for 5.1.. deactivated full ranged speakers but with no luck. As an extra information, these headphones have three jack plugs - green, orange and black plus one USB plug.
    I use the standard Win 7 driver for soundcard because the wiseguys from Intel didn't offer support for audio under Windows 7 - so I don't have a IDT Control Panel for some extra features. In the headphone's manual, they say that subwoofer and center go through orange, front right and left through green and rear left and right through black.
    The part that angers me the most :mad: is that these headphones vibrate under Windows 7, only when clicking the subwoofer icon in the audio driver's Configure Speakers window.
    Any thoughts ?

Best regards !
    Mandici Marcel