"The aliens won't invade because they are listening to our music?"

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Brian Entei, Dec 18, 2013.

?

Do you think the aliens are listening to our music?

1. Yes! They probably like it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, they are too far away and wouldn't be able to listen because of lack of technology...

50.0%
  3. No, they don't like it...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, but they probably don't like it.

50.0%
  1. Brian Entei

Brian Entei Geek

I overheard someone talking about this, and I don't really think that has anything to do with it, but I think it raises a good question: Would aliens be able to pick up our carelessly broadcasted content and media? If so, what do you think that they would think of it?

-Brian Entei

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If they are, most of the stuff that's popular is, uh, crap. I'm into metal, but it's not to say pop can't be good, but a lot of the artists are competing with looks and not strictly with talent. Of course, depending on the band, metal has that too, just in a different vein (King Diamond, Slipknot, Cradle of Filth). However, when a musician uses a computer make his music, that's not really talent. I can throw some stuff together with Acid (owned by Sony last I knew) and it's ready for lyrics, but I can't strum a chord on a guitar or keep a beat on drums, so my creativity is limited to whatever I have at my digital disposal. Oh, you can Auto-tune your voice? That's nice. Lady Gaga is weird, but she has the lungs to back up her stuff.

If an artist live sounds like they do on the album, that's good. However, if they just lip-sync their stuff, it's all smoke and mirrors. There are some bands I like that sound terrible live, so it's not just pop and teeny-bopper garbage.