Vote on case...

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by codejunkie, Dec 24, 2006.

?

Which case?

Poll closed Jan 3, 2007.
  1. Antec Nine Hundred

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Antec 900

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. codejunkie

codejunkie Geek Trainee

2. zeus

zeus out of date

There both a bit jazzy for me but I think the first one looks nicer.

In fact after looking at the images id definitely buy the first one, the PSU is on the bottom on the 900 one. Its a million miles from the drives and would leave a right ball of wires no doubt.

3. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Personally I would go for the second one.
    Although I think it will be a bit cramped in there, you are getting so much ventilation. You have TWO 120mm fans chilling your drives and two 120mm fans sucking masses of air out. Coupled with a good cooler, this rig should stay very cool. Although it will be noisy.....
    Style wise the Antec is uuuuuuugly! But being a fashion misfit these things never bothered me. If I had $130 I would go for the Antec.....

By the way, both options on the poll say Antec 900.
    I suppose you already made your choice......

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Both are a little pricey for a case in my opinion but if that's what you want to spend then go for it, they're both looking to be pretty high quality. Generally Antec seems to be a little higher end on the build quality aspect and the cooling and ventilation is first rate. They also tend to be a little quieter too. I'm not really into the looks of the Antec as much as I am with the Raidmax but if you're looking at this from a specification point of view then I say go with the Antec. But if it's more asthetics and decent quality then the Raidmax makes sense.

5. OJ beater

OJ beater Geek Trainee

their pretty lol

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Actually, they're both pretty sweet. I'm not as keen on the Raidmax looks, but I think it's the same case the guys at my favorite local shop showed me a few weeks ago. I've not really paid much attention to Raidmax uber-ricer cases in the past, but that Sirius one isn't too bad.

7. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I think the the 2nd one looks great. Much better that the first one.

8. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

i'd get the nine hundred, it looks like it would have way better flow, plus it has four 120mm fans. Also the power supply is on the bottom, which seems to be a nice feature, that way the power supply doesn't suck in hot air.

9. Matt

Matt Oblivion Junky

Id take the raidmax. It has cleaner lines and normal PSU bracket

The antec however looks like it would sound like a vacume cleaner and its way too flashy for my taste. Then there is the PSU bracket, why would anyone want it there???. Its only pro would be the fact that itd keep your pc ice like with that kond of flow

10. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

um, i just stated why its a good idea to put it there....

11. Matt

Matt Oblivion Junky

um, you want to take a little time to think abount it, becuse um, the drives (the DVD/CD ones at the top) are about a milion miles away so youre goin to have a mess of wires, um...

12. Matt

Matt Oblivion Junky

And whats more i think ive just repeated exactly what zeus has said at the top. Dont you think we have a point swansen?

13. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I think the 2nd one will make much noise with all those fans in it.

14. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

well, from experience i have a power supple with from antec and it goes in the bottom, and i'll probably never buy a case again (if i can help it) that has the slot for the PSU at the top again. Secondly no one appreciates your sarcasm, thirdly calm down its ok man. And yes its a good point, but also, i find it a lot easier to hide the wires or not have a ball somewhere.

15. Matt

Matt Oblivion Junky

Ok cool, but ,at the risk of sounding my age, ill say that you started the um... story first? lol :)

16. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, they're all larger fans (120mm I think, without looking), and typically, they run at lower RPMs because they don't need to run as fast as smaller fans to move the same amount of air or more.

17. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Antec Nine Hundred.