Western Digital 120GB IDE drive $59.99 w rebate

Discussion in 'Bargain Zone' started by Big B, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Best Buy's got some Western Digital 120GB drives for under $60 after 2 $30 mail-in rebates. I'm not totally sure, but it looks like it's another Special Edition drive with the 8MB cache.

Of course, I can see this as being part of a IDE hard drive fire sale---which only means good deals for us. :chk:

2. Intemptesta Nox

Intemptesta Nox Geek Trainee

3. Addis

Addis The King

!!!! arrrrrrrrrrgggggg that sucks! i got my 120gb 8mb drive for around that price! if only i had waited! mind you, its maxtor, not the most reliable but still, 200gb.

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

nice, Nox!

eBuyer have a new design! also PC world had a 250GB for around the same price but there all gone!

5. Intemptesta Nox

Intemptesta Nox Geek Trainee

I agree, maxtor isn't as reliable as WD, but I only ever had one 40gig drive fail on me, and that was a couple years old. And for £80, that's under 50p for a GIGABYTE of storage. In those terms, it seems so much more worth the money.

6. Mack

Mack Big Geek

WOOh! All this sounds very tempting. I think it is about time I upgrade from a 20GB + 1GB hard drives to a 120GB one. What do you say best buys seems to be the best option.

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That was last week, but with the push to SATA, you can expect to see alot of IDE hard drive fire sales going on.