What're those for?

Discussion in 'HWF Info & Issues' started by Exfoliate, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I see + and * symbols beside some names at the bottom of the index. Who can tell me what they actually stand for? Appreciate it.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

+ I think means the user is a mod while a * indicates an invisible user and only staff can see.

3. Addis

Addis The King

Yea, I thought that for a while, then I realised when i was logged in, I could see sniper, when i wasn't i couldn't. That was what the star was for, so i tried it.

4. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

I think the + is for those on your Buddy List, I'm not sure TBH

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks dudes, clears that ups some.

6. Sniper

your right dude!

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Also, so I don't waste a new thread with this, what exactly is the ignore list for, is that for pm's and stuff from people you dont like, and therefor wont have to read? How sad, I hope I'm not on anyones ignore list:(
    Oh, and what are trader ratings? My profile's boing, no trader ratings, no referals, I've never helped anyone in any posts either apparently...

8. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Not sure, you'll have to annoy me enough for me to use that facility :p

I think thats what it does, though. But threads would look funny if an ignored persons post is missed out, a one sided conversation...

9. Sniper

the reason it says you've not helped anyone is because its a new feature...you can check the news forum for more info.

also the ignore list, no one currently has anyone on on anyones list! it ignores all pm's and posts the user makes.

why you'd want to do that? I'm not sure, I might disable it...

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I know it's a new feature, a cool one at that :good:, ignores all posts :eek:, that's sort of harsh, can you cancel those effects in case you and the person make up. But still what's the trader rating? Thanks.

11. Sniper

ah yes, thats when you take part in the Buy/Sell/Trade forums, users can leave you feedback and you can leave feedback for them when you do a deal.

like the feedback system at ebay...

12. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Oh, trader as in bardering and what not, I was thinking like Benedict Arnold and all that, like if you left HF for overclockers.uk/com and talked us down, that would probably fall under the moron rating though:)
    Thanks Sniper, clears it up.