Why is my performance so low?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by johnb554, Aug 5, 2008.

1. johnb554

johnb554 Geek Trainee

Hey guys, Just joined the forums. Hopefully somoene will be able to help me with the problem I have been having for a while now.

My system's real life performance, and benchmark scores are extremely low for the hardware that is in it. I dont know whats causing it, but I have tried replacing numerous things, and it has not given me any changes. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the build of vista I am using, I have done all the updates, but maybe thats not enough?
    Can someone elaborate?

My system specs are:

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ @ 3.3 ghz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 - BFG OCX Overclocked Edition
    Motherboard: ASUS CROSSHAIR M2
    Ram: 4x 1GB Ballistix DDR2 1066
    Sound: Creative X-Fi XtemeGamer
    HDD: 6x SATAII 7200RPM Drives

3dmark06 currently rates my system at around 12400 3dmarks after running all of the tests. Crysis runs at around 15-17 fps on all max settings. SOMETHING IS WRONG! lol
    :mad:

2. TMM M45T3R

TMM M45T3R Geek Trainee

What is your PSU? I heard if it isn't powerful enough it can cause performance hit- you would need quite a big one for the GTX and 6 HDD's, if it's not that then I don't know

3. johnb554

johnb554 Geek Trainee

The PSU I was using before was a 500 watt. I thought of the same thing and dished out 250 bucks for a 1000 watt and there is barely any change. I ditched vista and started usin XP witch helped a bit, not much, but I will also try a july 2008 release of vista x64 today.