Win7 and Sound blaster problem need help and advice please!

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by mew, May 12, 2010.

1. mew

mew Geek Trainee

hey all,

New to the forum and in need of urgent help.

heres the problem;

Upgraded from winXp to Windows 7 (32-bit) OS. Started installing all drivers such as video card, printer ETC. didnt come across any hicups then i decided to install my Sound blaster Audigy 7.1 SE driver that was compatible for winXP and vista.

ran the installer and watched it everything seemed ok then all of a sudden i got a Blue Screen Of Death. Luckly had set a restore point before i installed the driver and it seems that any time i install this driver i get a blue screen of death :(.

Can anyone link me to a fix or the correct driver as i may have the wrong one or its out of date please.!

many thanks in advance

Mew!

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

if the vendor doesn't have a driver that is said to run on windows 7, you're kinda screwed. Maybe try to look into a BIOS upgrade for your motherboard - it happens that some recent BIOS update fixes freak win7 and hardware compatibility issues.

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Windows XP drivers will work with a little tweaking. You have to download the drivers for XP, then Use a Zip program to unzip them to a folder. Then Under device manager point to the drivers and it will set them up.. At least that's what i did..