Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Unable To Start everyday

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by mlangnalm, Sep 6, 2010.

1. mlangnalm

mlangnalm Geek Trainee

Everyday when I turn my computer on for the last three or four days Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit will try to start and fail. The computer will then restart (spontaneously during the windows load screen) and say windows was unable to start giving me two options:
    1. system repair.
    2. start windows normally.

After I do system repair it will ask me if I want to do system restore and if I don't it will send me to a diagnostic/repair screen with multiple options:
    Start up repair
    System restore
    System Image Recovery
    Memory diagnostic test
    cmd prompt

After i chose one of the top three it'll attempt to fix it (or system restore prior to this screen), it will blue screen. I think the blue screens says something about anti virus software disabling drivers diskcheck. It's all over the place. I wish I wrote down what it exactly says. Anyway.

I was able to do a memory diagnostic test and it said I had bad hardware. But I am pretty sure the ram stick in there is functional. So I moved the ram stick to different socket on the mobo (there's four) and I get the same windows unable to start thing. But windows 7 fixes whatever the start up problem was without the blue screen and everything runs fine for the day.
    Next day same problem, same solution. I have gone through all four of my ram sockets and now am back to socket one which oddly enough worked again despite my fears of the impending doom that I was running out of fresh ram sockets.

What is going on? Is it a hard drive issue given windows 7 is having problems starting? Is there something with the motherboard?

Help!

Here are the specs to my system:

GIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3 AMD 770 USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX
    SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
    CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model TW3X4G1333C9A G
    Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ600MXSP 600W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7
    COOLER MASTER Elite RC-310-SWN1-GP Black SECC / ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer Black SATA Model iHAS-324-98

Thanks,

Marvel

Here are the specs to my system:

GIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3 AMD 770 USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX
    SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
    CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model TW3X4G1333C9A G
    Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ600MXSP 600W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7
    COOLER MASTER Elite RC-310-SWN1-GP Black SECC / ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer Black SATA Model iHAS-324-98

2. daz

daz Geek

I had similar problem, reason was that my memory voltage was badly setted. Did you over clocked you system?

3. mlangnalm

mlangnalm Geek Trainee

No I did no overclocking or anything. I also tried reinsatlling windows.

How do I fixed the voltage to the memory?

4. daz

daz Geek

Go in to the BIOS setup. But is you did not overclocked it will not be a problem.

5. mlangnalm

mlangnalm Geek Trainee

Hmmm yeah I went into the BIOS and saw the voltage to the ram was 1.5V which is what is specified on the package. Everything was set to auto actually.
    Any other ideas?
    It actually just happened again today when I restarted my computer and it said windows was unable to start. Fortunately there was no blue screen. However, it said it couldn't repair the problem and said to contact manufacturer and shut down the computer. I turned it again and there was no problem windows started fine.... I'm afraid it'll most likely happen again for some unknown reason.

6. mlangnalm

mlangnalm Geek Trainee

Is there some kind of log that I can post that would describe the problem better?

7. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

try getting into your system using safe mode. to do this spam f8 and and enter safemode if it boots, it's most likely driver issue or services issue. disable all antivirus services from services.msc and try and boot normally.