windows boot problem

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by Blue2Dead, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Blue2Dead

Blue2Dead Geek Trainee

i reinstalled windows on my comp now i boot it up and at the part where it says windows and that little blue bar lights up at the bottom it gets stuck there. and wont fully boot. i tried it in safe mode. it will boot up their. any suggestions also when i scroll on a web page its all choppy. any help on that to would be appreciated.

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

sounds like a bad install, Try to reinstall again,Make sure you format ..
    Also make sure after you are done that everything is working and all drivers where found ...Video drivers will hang up your computer..

3. eranga262154

eranga262154 Geek Trainee

Use a quick format. And also try it on different bootable CD.

4. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

hmm...i would say, go to Safe Mode and check Device Manager(RightClick MyComputer > Manage > Device Manager) and see how many things are showing driver errors...

5. eranga262154

I don't think so can get to the safe mode at all.

6. Karanislove

:eek:hah:

7. edijs

edijs Programmer

check your RAM as well. (use Memtest)

8. eranga262154

You have a naked eye,:rolleyes:

9. Karanislove

Dont be jealous:rolleyes:

10. Blue2Dead

Blue2Dead Geek Trainee

sorry i keep falling off the face of the earth. how do check device manager think ive checked it and i got the question marks on my video card drivers that i havent installed yet. and is memtest something i can do through the run option or do i have to download a prog?im such a total noob ha!

11. Karanislove

Which Video Card you have got?

Go to Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool and download v1.70 from Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool ..either floppy version or a USB version. Restart your computer with that floppy or USB key in with the Boot priority first to that device. Program will run automatically wn ur computer start.

12. Blue2Dead

Blue2Dead Geek Trainee

video card is the 7950 gx2. but i dont really think that is the problem with my boot or maybe it could be i think it could be the drivers for my mobo i think my computer booted up pretty solid till i installed the drivers to be able to use my ethernet on my ASUS M2N-SLI deluxe mobo. but who knows it may be the grfx card.

13. Karanislove

Usually when something wrong happens to the computer after installing a driver/software then the best solution is to uninstall that driver/software first.
    You also do the same thing and if it works then you can always reinstall it.

14. allendehl

allendehl Geek Trainee

Hi,

Try unplugging every unnecessary thing in your system and then boot. I mean, CD drive, Floppy(if any), video card(if you have video onboard), modem card...so on.
    Just leave one HDD(the one that boots) and only one memory dimm. See what happen.

Good Luck