Windows Vista Business Free [USA]

Discussion in 'Bargain Zone' started by Sniper, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I think MS have done this before, so go for it

The Power of Together

Edit: you do have complete some tasks.

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

This offer is just for the the US only.....! :(

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I may have to jump on that

4. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

damn there sold out :(, i may of had a chance, as i appear as if i am living in the us coz of AOL's servers :p

5. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

oh crap. I was gonna go for it... oh well, I got my uninstalled copy of WinXP student edition still sitting on my shelf, so I'm still in good shape. Screw them.

6. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

WinXP Student Edition?

7. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

yes.
    It's WinXP Pro which comes OEM in a little sleeve and which u can buy at college computer stores, and the license says u have to be a student. I got mine for $73 which is cheaper than the ~$100+ prices on ebay for a "regular" WinXP Pro, OEM. I'm really glad now that I didn't win any of my bids. I kept trying to get one off ebay before I found out about this.

Only thing is ... well I haven't tried it yet so I don't know... but the guy in the computer store told me that it's an UPGRADE version not a standalone... I, however, called Micro$haft customer support and the representative lady told me it was a standalone and that I'd have no problem installing it on a blank HD. So I bought it. I'm trusting the M$ official customer support person should know what she's talking about better than that guy at the store, but then again I'm not too confident on that... guess I'll find out this winter break when I finally get around to wiping my partition containing my cracked & pirated WinXP Pro and attempting to install this legit one. If it doesn't work as a stand-alone, I'll be pissed.

8. Karanislove

When u do these type of conversations then its better to record d name of the person u talked to and the date tym...also if you can then your communication as well..(You can do it easily with ur Mobile Phones)..So that u can sue them in the future if they proves out to be wrong...

9. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

hmm dang i dunno how to do that on my phone ... maybe i should read the manual for it this winter break

that's a great point though

10. Karanislove

Its easy as long as u have a speaker and sound recorder in your mobile...