wont show video card

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Blue2Dead, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Blue2Dead

Blue2Dead Geek Trainee

i got a 7950 gx2 runnin on an asus mobo. well cant really say its running since it doesnt seem to want to be recognized. i install my video drivers off the disk that came with the video card and and go to device manage i see all these question marks for my PCI slot,, PCI BRIDGE SMBUS, AND SOME OTHER CRAP BUT their in big yellow question marks? any suggestions?

2. spuff

spuff Big Geek

Try downloading newer drivers ... making sure you uninstall the old ones first. Also make sure that the card is seated in the slot properly. That was an issue for me once.

3. gazaway

gazaway Geek Trainee

Yap, it's obviously running but it seems to be using the generic windows vga drivers. Uninstall the old driver you put on there, install a newer driver, go into the device manager and see if you still have the question marks. If you do you might want to uninstall them then re-start your system to let windows try to configure them again. Also if this is a fresh install of an OS, go to the ASUS website and get the newest files for your chipset (prolly VIA.) If it's VIA get the newest 4in1 which has new controllers for your board. Install those and it should fix your issue.