X-Fi Fatal1ty I/O Drive half working. Please help.

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Herbalaacious, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Herbalaacious

Herbalaacious Geek Trainee

So I just recently built this pc in a lanbox lite. Pain in the rear to get everything I wanted to fit in here. Anyway, I've just recently purchaced a X-Fi PCI-E card titanium champion edition which comes with the I/O Drive front panel. I got everything plugged in correctly (tripple checked). The headphone jack works up front, but the volume control nobs and the LED's don't work. There are only 2 plug-ins that plug into the PCI-E card and the I/O drive. They only fit 1 way. At first I was thinking power. There is no plug-in for power which kind of stumpted me..at least I couldn't find one. I thought all these I/O front panel drives needed to be plugged into power and, unless I'm blind, there is no place to plug in power to this I/O drive. Anyway, I'm clueless. :doh: If anyone can help me out I would really apprecaite it. I am doubting that the panel is broken..just missing a step I think?

Thermaltake LanBoxLite
    GA-G33M-S2L mATX Mobo
    2.66Ghz Pentium Quad Core
    4GB Patriot Ram (only 3gb detected in Windows XP SP3)
    PNY Nvidia 9800GTX *Factory OC'd (barely fit. had to modify the I/O Drive cage inside the chassis)
    2 Samsung 500GB 7200rpm HDD's Raid 0 setup with Promise PCI card
    X-Fi Sound Blaster PCI-E