X-Infinity ATX86KLW-BK Spacers problem

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Tranzy, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Tranzy

Tranzy Geek Trainee

I just recently bought this case as I am new to building computers and thought this would be a good case to start of with. As soon as I started building the system I was hampered at the start when inserting the motherboard. The spacers seem to lift the motherboard to high for the screws to screw the motherboard down so I put the spacers on the other way by taking the other side of the case of. This, resulted in the motherboard being closer to the tray but the screws are pushing the motherboard contacts on the other side onto the tray and one corner has no support so to screw that down the motherboard would be bending down to one corner.

1. Do I really need the spacers.
    2. Can the back side of a motherboard be touching the tray without shorting the system.

The logical assumption is being that the screws are to small for the motherboard but the whole system was reccomended compatible and in the past I always use the spacers. Please can someone guide me towards the right solution to get this system up and running.

2. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

Hi m8 usually the screws screw into the spacers there usually little copper pegs that screw into the chassis then the motherboard screw to this keeping it elevated of the backboard of the case. I wouldn't reccomend allowing it to touch the back of the case as it would short.

Could you send a pic so i could get a better idea??

Hope this helps Dave :cool:

3. gazaway

gazaway Geek Trainee

Ya, a bit hard to understand what you mean. You should have the spacers that screw into the mobo tray, then the mobo, then the screws that screw into the spacers. You absolutely have to use the spacers (EACH of them.)

4. rimmer

rimmer Geek

yes, at least 5, i would reccommend anyway.

one on each corner, and one in the middle, but preferable use as many spacers and screw your board in as many place as possible, to keep it steady

5. gazaway

gazaway Geek Trainee

You should actually do every hole. I wanna say there's nine..

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

6 or 9, depending on how deep the ATX motherboard is.