XFX 9800GTX+ running problems

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by hillier291, Oct 2, 2008.

1. hillier291

hillier291 Geek Trainee

Hi
    I recently bought myself a new XFX9800GTX+ GPU for my PC to replace my old Gainward 8600GT, but after fitting the new card in my PC i found that I cant run any of the games on any higher settings than my 8600GT and in some cases i couldnt even run them at the same settings as my 8600GT would without the games lagging and crashing. I have made sure that I have the lastest drivers from Nvidia aswell as the lastest BIOS but still doesnt seem to help

My current System is:
    AMD 3.0Ghz Dual Core
    2Gb RAM
    ASUS M2N4-SLI Motherboard
    500Gb Hard Drive
    XFX 9800GTX+
    600W OCZ Gaming PSU

Somebody please help me!!
    Jamie

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

uninstall ATI drivers etc and then install the drivers again. (after uninstall do a restart)

3. hillier291

hillier291 Geek Trainee

Ive tried that and it still doesnt the same thing I also tried my old graphics card back in my PC again and it works fine but when i switched back to the 9800 the problems return.
    Jamie

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

ok sounds like you have updated the drives etc one thing to try is a clean install of the OS on another hard drive if possible, this will eliminate any corrupt settings/files etc.

Or graphics card is damaged and needs replacing!

5. hillier291

hillier291 Geek Trainee

I havent formatted my PC but i have tried placing my old 8600GT back in after the 9800GTX had been in there and all of th problems that i had stop and the computer functions as it used to before i originally bought the 9800GTX. Would that indicate that there isnt a corrupt file or might it be something to do with the files with the 9800GtX
    Jamie