Yahoo messenger6.0 emoticons/audibles dont work

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Newbiegrl, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Newbiegrl

Newbiegrl Geek Trainee

Can anyone please help me out?.After reinstalling Yahoo messenger I notice my emoticons and audibles don't display in messenger?.A box poped up telling me to upgrade to the latest flash for audiles/emoticons to work.I did this and nothing has helped?.I first upgraded flah 7,that didn't help so i downloaded flash 8(beta)it hasn't changed anything.Any suggestions guys?. :(

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Sorry, my company runs only GAIM, which is also what I use at home. Trillian is pretty good, too. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a solution though.

3. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

yeah trillian is a good program, since yahoo, msn, and aim tend to switch settings in your computer without notifying you

it might also help to do a reinstall if its on your pc, or possibly you downloaded the setup program but havent installed it yet, what browser are you using

4. Newbiegrl

Newbiegrl Geek Trainee

thanks for getting back nope,Yahoo is installed properly I'm not that much of a newbie..LOL.I'm using firefox browser and IE 6.0 which I never use anymore.I have nerver had this problem with yahoo,only 2 yrs ago but it was easily solved by upgrading flash like i did today and no luck,the emoticons/audibles don't appear still?.I cant see them just the other person I IM does.

5. Newbiegrl

Newbiegrl Geek Trainee

Hey just wanted to let you guys know that i solved the problem after a couple reinstalls and system restore now everything works perfectly thanks. ;)