Ye$$$--Different job, better pay

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Big B, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It finally happened: the department I was in was eliminated, but everyone (all 5 of us) were shuffled around to other departments. The great thing is, I should be making at least $2.00/hr more than I was making in my old job. I have to learn the job since it's different than the kind of work I've been doing for the past seven years, but it's nice to do something different. I'm certified to operate a forklift now, but I have yet to actually operate one. I do get to play around with a Windows CE based computer for scanning holes on the shelves. I also have a different, long-winded job title: Inventory Control Analyst. I'm mostly excited about the pay increase as that's going to help me in the long run. Hopefully, I'll do well enough that I can get promoted into management and make some money, but we'll see. I'd like to give Ruler of B the option to not have to work in the future---that and as we plan to have kids, she's pretty much going to have to have a hiatus from work for awhile...but that's kind of a long ways away from the stuff that comes before that poin (well, hopefully).

2. Addis

Addis The King

Congrats B, I was frowning when I read "I should be making at least $2.00/hr" but then I read the next line. I'm gonna look for work soon, get some cashage to pay for stuff and save for college.

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

w00t WTG B

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Awesome man! I really hope you enjoy your new job mate, keep us updated:good:

5. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Good job man, hope you enjoy the new position as much as the raise.

6. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Congratulations B. That extra $2.00 an hour will add up at the end of the pay week. I recently had an increase of $1.65 an hour and its already helping!

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Nice one B, glad to hear things are going well
    :good:

8. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

sounds like you've got a good job and good pay. go get the monies!

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Drinks are on B!
    heh
    :beer:

10. Addis

Addis The King

The raise will help him buy us all xmas presents then... :D

11. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The nice thing is that this could allow me to drop my second job later on, but I probably won't until after I'm married and my car is paid off.