Your Professions, or study

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Swansen, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

i was just wondering, i'm going to ITT for a associates in comuter networking, on a side note collage in dumb, and they lie to you.

2. Addis

Addis The King

What?

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

lol yeah it just my ITT they just constantly lie about everything, for example my rep said that we would have some online classes so we wouldn't have to come to class but nope theres one online class every quarter, and you have to go to campus for an online class so it becomes a all on computer coarse, with server issues, its annoying.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yeah, I've run into a few people who've been rather dissatisfied with ITT. I'm really glad I never went there for post-high school education attempts.

I work retail, but I do get to play around with a PDA/scanner due to the job requirements I have. I probably should attempt to get some certifications of some sort so I could get a better job, but for right now, I'm sticking with what I got.

I'm an inventory analyst specifically, which means I collect data and figure out why something isn't on the shelf. People are amazed at the reports I do, but they're not that detailed...at least to me anyway. I do tend to be a bit of a perfectionist in some areas, so I've no doubts that I come off as a dick sometimes. The best part is, I only have to see my real boss a few hours per week, and the manager I do work with is one of the most influential men I've run across, so it's great. It may not be the flashiest, but I don't hate my job.

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

My current study: (A-Levels)

Maths
    Physics
    ICT

Soon to be over though, I have exams this month and after those it's University, privided I get the grades!

Then it'll be Internet Computing if I go to my first choice University or Network Computing and Web Media if I go to my second choice University.

After that, who knows!

6. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

ha big b thanks for the reasurence, i've read some forums and its kinda hit or miss depending on the campus, but people that i talk to though work say that the people who they know and have gone to ITT do well, basically you learn as much as you want to, its easy to walk through a class with a c or so but if want want to get a good grade and learn a good amount you really have to apply yourself.

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

In the past ITT may have been a good college. There's one mod on NTCompatible that went there and he spoke well of it. However, the local ITT seems to be run by people intent on screwing the students. I don't know the details, but the students seem to be lied to constantly and given the run-around. You have to apply yourself for sure. Right now, I need to work full-time, but I dropped out of college because I was falling asleep in class. The nail in the coffin for me was failing a basic science class twice with stuff I aced in high school (I had an A-A+ in science). I liked the prof, but when it came down to doing the work, I just didn't give a shit and I knew that. I was throwing money away, so I decided to drop out. Right now, I've been bouncing around the idea of getting some certifications (I should be able to get an A+ Cert easy, as well as a Net+, with a little effort).