agfa webcamera

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by matthewgiblin, Jan 18, 2005.

1. matthewgiblin

matthewgiblin Geek Trainee

hi i have an agfa easy pix webcam. i have installed it and stuff but when it comes to capturing myself it jus says that the video capture device is not installed :confused: . i mean i dunoo why when i have been trying to do so. please can som1 help me or guide me to what i can do? i will be so so appreciated i swear.

lots of love matthew
    :(

2. Addis

Addis The King

I have an agfa myself and it comes with some 3rd party software for using the camera. Are yo sure you intalled drivers correctly? You might want to try the manu's site for some newer drivers.

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

with most webcams it helps if you install the camera first before connecting it.. so try that, also make sure that you have your USB controller installed correctly.

4. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

I don't have an agfa webcam but I have encountered a similar problem with mine. Uninstall it, switch your computer off, plug the camera into your USB plug, boot the computer up again, have the Driver CD in the drive, Windows will recognise the hardware and look for it, tell it to search automatically with the CD in the drive and it'll find it, then take the CD from the drive and reboot your machine as soon as you can. Hopefully that will get it working, did with mine. :)