Another Zalman ZM-RSSC Problem

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by pingers, Aug 23, 2007.

1. pingers

pingers Geek Trainee

Ok, this device has no actual drivers, it's just detected as a USB Audio device. However, I have a rather (I think) unique problem. With any application other than PowerDVD, the channels act funny. I've set it to 5.1 in the Windows options, and 5.1 in-game, and tried it on two PC's with a known working headset and one PC with another 5.1 working sound card.

Here it is:
    The "Front" plug on the device plays front left and right fine, but it also plays the rear left in the front right and the rear right in the front left.
    The "Rear" plug plays rear left and rear right fine, but also plays the front left in the rear right and the front right in the rear left.
    I still haven't quite figured out what's going through the Center/SW plug.

ASIO drivers don't work for this device which uses a Sonix 5.1 decoder.

The Sonix Sound Station has a speaker test, and the speakers aren't reversed in that application. With PowerDVD, if I enable CLMEI2, I also get the weird output problems. Without, I have perfect 5.1.

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Try this: Go to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices. At the bottom of the window at Speaker Settings, click on Advanced. Now choose 5.1 Speakers from the list, and click on OK on both windows.