BIOS beeping

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by 408, May 28, 2007.

1. 408

408 Geek Trainee

I have a Compaq Presario SR2002X with Phoenix Bios, the beeps sounds like 1-1-1-1, and I can't find any information on that. I think the problem was when I had taken out the computer ram cards(2), then put both back in. I had done this dozen of times, so I knew what I was doing, and now this is the first this has ever happen to me .
    Any ideas to help me get my computer back to normal would be very appreciated.

2. eranga262154

eranga262154 Geek Trainee

You mean short beeps, I think. And is it continuously beeping until you shutdown the system? In a RAM issue beeps are too long.

For me it looks like VGA/Video card. Just remove it, clean the pins with a soft wool and fix it back. You may get the system back.

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

have a look at this page to find out exactly what the beep code means

4. 408

408 Geek Trainee

Yes, short beeps it is. The beeps are like 3 seconds long, then a 5 or so second pause, but anyways I'll check the video card, the problem though I can't find the video card on this computer :x:, I don't know where it can be hiding at. And what's a VGA?

5. AZAZEL

AZAZEL Geek Trainee

so your PC does not start at all, just beeps?
    try clearing CMOS (turn off power, press power button few times. there must be a jumper on the mainboard what clearing CMOS - watch mainboard`s manual)

i think that is it.

or try taking out both lathes of memory,then put one and try to start. if does not help - take out first and put second ram stick (one of memories may be damaged)

6. eranga262154

eranga262154 Geek Trainee

So, you mean that it is a on-board video card? Just find that to which place you are fix the data cable of the monitor.