catalyst control centre cli.exe error!!

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by Gadz750, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Gadz750

Gadz750 Geek Trainee

I have a ATI graphics card i installed the recent drivers from their site that they recommended i installed themi then went to go onto the control centre after installation and it came up with some error (The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application) and it didnt do anything has anyone got any ideas on what this is and what i can do :rolleyes:

Gadz

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Install the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 and the error should go away!

3. Gadz750

Gadz750 Geek Trainee

What is that Framwork .Net 1.1 i keep seeing people saying this

Gadz

4. pelvis_3

The Catalyst Control Center run-time (which can include third-party plug-ins) acts as the server component, providing the interface between the display driver and the Control Center user-interface client component. The .NET framework enables new Catalyst Control Center features to be rapidly created in many programming languages, including C#, C++, C, Visual Basic, Java, and others.
    If you don't install it, the drivers will still work correctly but the Control Center won't be able to be accessed.

5. Gadz750

Gadz750 Geek Trainee

Once you have installed this .Net Framework is there a way of uninstalling it or isit put into some special windows /system 32 file or something like that in that area?

Gadz

6. pelvis_3

Yes, it can be un-installed, but take into account, that you will NOT be able to access the Control Center without it.

7. Gadz750

Gadz750 Geek Trainee

How do you Un-Install it then??

8. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

Start > Settings > Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 -> Click Change / Remove

click Change / Remove

9. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

I don't quite understand why you want to uninstall it? :confused:

There are lots of applications that require it's presence. Once it's installed, you can basically forgot about it. It installs in the \Windows (\WINNT) folder.

10. PhOeNiX-^-

PhOeNiX-^- Geek Trainee

:eek:I have .NET Framework 3.0 intalled and I still get that stupid "cli.exe Error (The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application)" message, WHAT should I do ? ? ?
    I thought of uninstalling all the .NET Frameworks and re-installing .NET Framework 3.0, would that work ? ? ?
    PLEAZE HELP ! ! ! ! !

11. violetblueskies

violetblueskies Big Geek

yeah try that. uninstall .net framework 1.1 and catalyst.
    restart and reinstall .net framework 1.1 restart.
    then install catalyst.