Critical XP SP2 Vulnerability

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Anti-Trend, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

A Danish security firm, Secunia, has published a proof of concept of truly horrible exploit in Microsoft's Windows XP, SP2. [Cue shock and awe] Apparantly even with all of the latest security patches applied, behind a firewall and with an antivirus, all an XP-SP2 user has to do is visit a malformed webpage in IE (could even be a popup!) and their system can be instantly compromised. Read the thing for yourself.

As for me, I'll stick to my free yet hard to Pwn operating system. :p

2. Addis

Addis The King

Wow. A big security flaw in XP SP2?!!! A microsoft product?!! I am soo surprised. Although I don't have much choice in OS I'll stick with my Firefox.

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Well at least im using firefox...............id switch to linux if there wasnt the issue with prgram compatabilty and the fact all my programs wudnt work on linux

4. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I was just gonna' donate $100k to the site through IE....too bad, I guess I won't do it :p

5. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Due to the "automated" nature of IE, you already have! Thanks for your patronage!

6. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

BWHAAHAHA