National Youth Leadership Forum on Technology?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pcgamer72, Jan 9, 2004.

1. pcgamer72

pcgamer72 Geek Trainee

Hey everyone. A couple of days ago I received a huge packet with a formal invitation, tons of information, notable speakers (CEO of Dell, Intel, and other companies), a schedule of events to take place, and some other stuff on something called the National Youth Leadership Forum on Technology. It siad due to my grades, dedication to the field of technology, and teacher recommendation that I had been chosen along with about 1,500 other high school students from around the nation to go to California this summer to participate in this. I am 17 years old and a junior in high school. It looks like a very well run, fun, and informative program. It lasts 10 days is pricy, so I was wondering if anyone else had ever heard of it or had gone to it? I know if I went, I would learn a lot about computers and the best ways to get into the business, but I wanted to check it out to see if what I thought was right. They have a website, it is: http://www.nylf.org/hs/tech/index.cfm

What do you guys think?

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

If you are gona end up paying quite high, to learn for 10 days, then no imho :) I wouldnt go for something like this, simply because I would learn more by myself, though if you have the money I dont see why not! it would be a good experience.

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

viewing the video on their web site, it seems, the other students enjoy the experience and learn quite a bit! I guess its up to you now :)