PC canot dectect LAN Card

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Telster01, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Telster01

Telster01 Geek Trainee

Ive placed a PC Line 10/100 LAN card in to my XP. When i try to ping the card, the ping is always timed out. I Have tried taking it out of the actual PCI slot, placing it in to another but that seems to have not worked. On the Device Manger it has come up with 3 Schedle Packet that wont seem to delete. An error message keeps coming up saying it is apart of the boot up. When i place the network card in it detects it as no. 4.

If anyone can help. please help

2. Addis

Addis The King

Are you sure you've installed the drivers for your card? most cardss will come with a floppy which should have the drivers for it.

3. Telster01

Telster01 Geek Trainee

Yep the Drivers have been installed and still doesnt work

4. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

did you install the driver before or after inserting the card?

My network card required the driver to be installed first.

Right click on the card in "Hardware Manager" and do update driver. Then select "I will specify a locatin", and choose the disk drive that has the cd in it. That usually does the trick.

Is there an onboard card that could be messing things up?

5. Telster01

Telster01 Geek Trainee

I installed the Driver after i had placed the network card in.
    I dont think there could be an onboard card that would distrubed the network card.

Is there any way that i could wipe all the data off about the network card??

6. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

check at the back of your pc to see if theres another lan card other than the one you are using. if there is go into bion by pressing delete when your computer is booting up and the should be something called something like "intergrated pehiphriples" go into here and disable it. another was is to disable it is to go into hardware profiles and disable it that way but prefer the other. also what os are you running?? if its xp try the network setup wizard. and finaly what make is your lan card? Post back hope this helps Dave :good:

7. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Is the card detected?

Go start>>Right click My Computer>>Properties>>Hardware>>Device Manager

Look for network cards and see if its there. You can unintsall the driver there, and update it again.

If the device has a yellow ? then it means its not been installed, so take the card out, install teh driver and put the card back in.

8. Telster01

Telster01 Geek Trainee

Thanks for you help everyone. My LAN card is working fine now