Resizing Firefox window.

Discussion in 'General Software' started by DavidNW, Oct 6, 2008.

1. DavidNW

DavidNW Big Geek

Just installed Suse 11.0 (I like it)! However, on running Firefox, I resized the window so that I could see the entire page on my monitor, File, edit, view, history, bookmarks, etc. Had it filling the monitor's screen so that I could see everything. Great, I thought! However, when I close Firefox then restart it, the window just does not 'remember' the resizing I did and some of the aforementioned is hidden until I resize again. Is there any way to make Firefox remember the resizing on closing the browser?

It seems such a simple issue, but I can't figure it out. I don't have this issue on my other PC.

Thanks,

David.

2. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

I HATE FF!!!

No, not really, but this is such a stupid thing.... you wouldn't expect it from such a browser.....

The solution is very simple. Open FF and rather than maximizing with the top right icon, drag the window from the "handle bars" until it fills the whole screen. Then close it and re-open. Voila! But, word of advice - always close the full size windows last. If, for example, you leave the download progress window (which by default opens very small) and close it last, you are back to square one.

To solve the problem permanently, uninstall FF and install Opera..... :chk:

3. pcgeek

pcgeek Geek Trainee

thanks was also wondering about this quite hectically