sound driver

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by Dakota, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Dakota

Dakota Geek Trainee

I am having trouble downloading a driver to try to make my sound work on my laptop. what is the technical name for the driver?

Also i need a driver to make my finger mouse work that is on my keyboard, I think it is (trackpoint)? If I get the right one downloaded, will it start to work right away or is there something else I need to do?

Please Help//....

2. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

hey m8 driver is about as technical as the word gets but try and find out what make you sound card for your laptop is and have a look on www.driversguide.com for it if you can't find it post back and i will see if i can find you one. now about your fingerpad the drivers should be availible of your laptops manufactores website (as should your sound card) but again if you card find it post back with the makes and ill have a look m8. hope this helps Dave :good:

3. EVO TicTak

EVO TicTak Geek Trainee

what they are having problems with is laptop computers use third party controllers for the sound, video,,mouse, and keyboard. even if you install the correct driver unless you have the controller software they may or may not work. they will have to go to the site of the laptop's mfg. and find the correct controller apps for it.