Strange DSL Problem

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Mack, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Mack

Mack Big Geek

I am having a strange problem with by DSL. My DSL doesn't seem to connect in the morning while at night it starts working again normally.
    I have called tech support, as matter of fact while writing this I am on the phone with them, but having talked to two of them, I doubt they could help me. SO, I was wondering if I could get any suggestion from you guys. Here are the answer to some of their reqular questions:
    1) I have windows 2000 Advanced Server
    2) All the DSL light are on, working and are solid.
    3) I have DSL Ethernet connection.
    4) I don't have any wireless thing in my home. (except T.V and VCR)
    5) The only new electronic stuff i have in my house is a T.V and a DVD surround sound system.
    6) They have check my phone line twice and it is fine.

Now what the :mad: could be the problem? and is from my side or their side?
    In tech support they say that their customers in NY are having problems with their net connect but i don't come in their area??

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Do you have a router between your system and the internet? If so, what brand/model? Also, when the DSL is out, is your ATU [modem]'s link light on, or blinking, or what? Also, are all your phone jacks filtered (except for the one with the modem)?

3. Mack

Mack Big Geek

Atlast today (after 5 days) now suddenly it is working fine,... Thanks anyway,...
    Bye the way yes to all of the above questions,....
    no router,... Westell 2200

4. Mack

Mack Big Geek

Seems that yesterday was a hickup in the trend,..... :confused: Back to the norm now,... NO NET IN THE MORNING,.... ONLY AT NIGHT,......