superman returns

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by Sniper, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I'm looking forward to it, I've heard its had very good reviews in the USA.

So was wondering what did you guys think if you've seen it?

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

It's out here in AUS in three days.
    I'll be seeing it even if i break both legs.

3. Addis

Addis The King

Never been a superman fan, but i'll go and see it.

4. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Im going a small cinema in either Liverpool or Mnnchesterwith isolate reclining leather chairs and watching it on the big screen. I don't know wether to love or hate the idea of a remake because Im a big original superman fan but only time will tell...

5. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

It's just like all the other big hollywood films that have come out over the last few years. Big budget, big special effects, no storyline, bad acting, worse then the original film, money grabbing and shockingly awful. No I definately won't be watching it :)

6. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

If you are talking about XMEN 3 then I will say that you are wrong because I love that movie.

7. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I'm with megamaced on this one. Cheap money grab, all the way.

[ot]By the way, since I'm stepping on toes here, I just wanted to mention what a great American hero Christopher Reeves was for supporting a cure for paralysis --- I mean he didn't start supporting that cause until he was paralyzed himself ... while jumping his purebred stallion ... at his private horse ranch --- but still, how very heroic of him.[/ot]

8. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Spiderman for me....
    I will not make a point to go and see it unless the boys insist I take them........ :p

9. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Just saw it last night. Not too bad i guess. I noticed a few mistakes and they could have chosen a better lead actor though.

10. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

Yeah, they should have chosen someone better or laced this actor with steroids to make him look like the comic book Superman, THAT would have been cool...I saw it and i enjoyed it. It wasn't like "damn that was the best hero movie" but it was entertaining. Plus the theater i go to is down the block and only 5 bucks.

11. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I think one of the reason he was selected was because he kind of looks like Christopher Reeves.

12. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

Yeah after seeing it it felt like he wasn't acting the role of Superman as much as he was acting as Reeves acting as Superman. It felt like a tribue role. ESPECIALLY as Clark Kent.

13. Fred

Fred Moderator

I just saw it last night. I want to make a point to say that I was not excited to see it, to say the least. I had some friends kinda drag me into it. But honestly, it wasn't as bad as bad as I thought it would be at all. I thought it was actually pretty decent. Like someone else said, it was not some best superhero movie of all time, but I think it was worth the watch. But I DO think that the casting wasn't as good as it could've been. It's not that the actors/actresses did a horrible job, but that they just didn't look how they should have. Take Kevin Spacey as Lex Luther... he had a shaved head, but that's just about all he had going for him. I like Kevin Spacey, but I think his head was just too fat. And I agree about the casting for superman, simply to fit Christopher Reeves. So yeah... my point is that it is actually decent. I'm not going to try to covince any of you to go, but if any of you were kinda on the fence, I will suggest that go just go and give it a shot.

14. dumluck

dumluck Geek Trainee

I saw the movie this weekend...mega was right on it!!! It sucked!

15. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

It was a decent superhero movie, not the best, not the worst, not a patch on the originals as expected

16. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I say it a bit ago and thought it was alright. I enjoyed the xmen and spiderman series more but it had some cool moments. I personally really liked Kevin as Lex Luther and thought the dude who played superman did a compitent job. I didn't really care for Lois too much, she was okay but I wasn't used to that sort of personality as I used to watch the cartoons as a kid so things were naturally a lot different.

I think it dragged on a little long and the whole "son of superman" thing was pretty dumb and could potentially be a horrible idea but it was still a pretty fun movie to watch. Not really worth owning or anything though.

17. blade

blade GEEK 2.0

I totally agree.

_____________________________________-

The new superman looks crap, its going to be the same type of storyline with many other newer super hero movies; villian to destroy the world, super hero out to save it, villian gets close, villian almost kills super hero, super hero comes back and saves the world, the end :p

The old super hero movies were great, like the old batman, and superman movies-they actually had a storyline and plot, lets not forget teenage mutant ninja turtles!;)

yea the newer super hero type of movies just suck

18. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

The problem is that these days they try to make the film too believable and it ends up looking stupid. I prefered the older Batman slapstick tv show, at least they were having a bit of fun.

That being said, the original Batman film was pretty good, but they got worse as they made more. I haven't seen the latest Batman movie and I don't want to either