underinformed people

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Swansen, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

I don't think underinformed is a word, but it works best. My PC hardware class is full of them, kids who think they know everything, but really just through terms around. Even then, they are never wrong, its always oh well yeah, if you think about it that way... Drive me crazy. For instance, some one, some where, talked to all of them about the Yahoo/Microsoft deal. This one guy was all yeah, they offered some crazy deal like 74 billion. Yeah, i could have said something, but then, i would be hated by everyone. (minus the people who are actually informed) as well, this would be something i would be doing every five minutes, correcting people. Like, i'm not sure, its like some one purposely places these people in my classes. I'm pretty sure it just comes with the territory, but it ridiculous. The real issue is, they aren't ignorant, they just choose to not really know what going on, instead just figure bits and pieces are good enough, and then walk around toting half ass information..... Drives me crazy.

2. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

I can think of some people who are like you describe, mainly my IT teacher! Whenever we ask her a question, she has to go and ask the head of IT (who is also clueless!). She went on a 'course' to learn how to create flash animations, and when she came back, we had to teach her again! She doesn't notice when people are playing games, or installing Firefox on the network so they can surf Myspace :D

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i did think i knew what i was talking about because i used to fix computers, but, i now realise that i was as thick as :swear:, i only started "proper learning" when i came to HWF[ot]there's so much to learn, even if you only stick with computers[/ot]

4. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

I know, I hardly know anything! I've always realised this, but I think sticking with computers is quite general. You have people who write software, then people who are the opposite and like to overclock and build PCs. At the moment I'm a bit of both, but I'm hoping to become a software engineer, which probably means I'll have less knowledge of hardware.

E.g. Donkey, you know a lot more about Linux than I do (I practically know nothing about it), and I'm not really that interested in it. I'd rather be creating software that other people can use (although as of yet all I've managed to create is a Guess Who programme that didn't totally work :D and took ages to make! ). There are so many different parts to computers, it's hard enough to be an expert on one, never mind all!

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

the only reason i know stuff with Linux is because i've being using it for quite a while now (can't remember how long)

if you only used Linux you too would know a lot more, but, if you look at my posts in *nix forums, you'll see that most post are based on my personal experience, but, believe me, there is a :swear:ing lot i don't know about *nix

still :confused:

BTW: and to you probably think i'm an old fart[ot]no comments please[/ot]but, leaning does get harder