WWR's grunge CD cover/new sig...

Discussion in 'Testing Arena' started by Exfoliate, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I've been meaning to ask, do you guys like my new sig? I actually designed it for WWR's band as they needed a CD cover design but I thought it would make a decent sig aswell. I know it's big and kind of dark probably but it took awhile. The origional I sent him is actually a little taller but I had to crop it so it didn't take up too much space.

[​IMG]

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

It looks very grungy and the font blends perfectly. The only thing I would consider changing is how dark it is, the grunge brushing can't really be seen, which is a shame. Perhaps try experiementing with levels in photoshop and lightening the edges up a little biit.

Exfoliate likes this.
  3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks mate:) I would actually blame that on our drastic difference in monitors, everything looks the way I want it to on mine and usually looks fairly bad on different ones but it may just be me. I can't exactly alter it right now as my entire computer is in dismay. Basically no apps work. I can play GTA: SA, and.....well that's about it. No PS, no dreamweaver, no flash, very bad. The good news is my dad will just pick up all these programs and anything else he can get his hands on from his school. Otherwise I'd be beside myself in rage.

4. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

I've just had a go at changing the levels, and it's picked out all the grunge brushing and the colour layers, so it's quite easy to uncover the hidden detail should the need arise.

Sucks about no software, I'd go mad with no photoshop :(

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Feel free to save the image and tweak away, post your results of course:)

6. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

[​IMG]

The detail was shown by going Layer>>New Adjustment Layer>>Levels

and experimenting there.

The text does stand out a little too much, so then maybe edit the text layer to blend in with the newly found detail?

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Looks pretty good but truth be told I perfer the origional. I really do think it has something to do with our contrasting monitors. What looks good on mine probably looks poor on yours. Your revision is well done but it now appears a little blurred and smudged. The text now has a very light edging to it. This is no fault of your own and I have no doubt that it looks easily superior on your rig but on my end this is what it appears like.

8. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

haha probably. I recently got a TFT, and it isn't brilliant tbh, colors appear much darker than they really are, so thats probably why your's appears too dark to me, and what looks normal for me looks too bright for you! :D

9. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Ah, now I'm seeing it as normally lower quality CRT's are darker than good ones but now that I see you have a TFT I'm starting understand.

10. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah its pretty dark on my screen (Hansol H550 15" TFT)
    but i can still see some detail on the picture, not lots though.

11. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Shame, well I'll change it in a little bit as it's starting to get a little embarrasing now. Another reason not to go TFT I guess.

12. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

lol yeah, my screen aint the best and its only 15" but it still sells for £200+ in some places...why does it when you can get a better more responsive brighter 17" tft screen for less!!

13. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Ya know what? I like both of those versions. But Matt agrees on the first version, that's gonna be our first album cover. Thanks muchly :cool:

14. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Glad Matt likes it, no problem mate:)

15. Kez

Kez Geek Trainee

I like both but the first is more striking. Really well done ;)

16. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Thanks Kez:)