Belkin Bluetooth USB Adapter trouble

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Mofrait, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Mofrait

Mofrait Geek Trainee

Hello,

I bought this adapter for my bluetooth Wacom tablet (both 2.0). I've gone through the software/driver installation process many times, using different versions and double checking that each had no problems installing. So the problem is: it will not detect my USB adapter. When I plug it in it tells me the hardware did not install properly. I have no leads and haven't found anything off google.

Anyone have and idea?

Thanks.

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

it probaly has the USB controller disabled in the BIOS or either the USB device doesn't work or one of your USB ports is dead, have you tried a different USB port, obviously if you have more

3. Mofrait

Mofrait Geek Trainee

Yes I have, in all 6 different ports. If the USB controller was disabled in the BIOS, would that mean the USB port itself is disabled, or the Belkin devise is disabled?

I'll take a look and let you know what I see, thanks donkey.

4. Mofrait

Mofrait Geek Trainee

I checked the controller and it was eneabled. I enabled the USB legacy to see if that might help, but no luck. (it was auto before):x:

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

yeah, USB Legacy devices enables stuff like USB keyboards & possibly mice :unsure: but definitely keyboards