Computer wont boot: SHWAPI.dll

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by Impotence, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

Dont ask me how it happend :confused: My computer has been running fine 24/7 for nearly 2 months.

Early this morning my computer started making weird noises [i was in bed and the screen turned off]. I turned the screen on and saw that it was trying to boot from the network [the last boot option] stating something like it had failed to boot from the last device [it was 3am,my memorys kinda fuzzy]

I hit restart and it booted into windoze, but when i hit my username to logon it just froze [i just turned it off and went to bed]. I turned it on when i got home today and it seemed to be fine, i logged on and left it (It runs f@h) but when i came back it was continually restarting again.

My computer will turn on and load windows [booting windows] but after the loading screen has gone it restarts, it does the same in safe mode. I choose the option to disable restart on system failure and i saw the following message.

STOP: C0000211{Bad Image Checksum}
    The Image file SHLWAPI.dll is possibly corrupt.The header does not match the computed checksum.

I have already googled the dll but it came back with nothing usefull :(

PLEASE HELP, as this is the only machine that i can play CS: Source on :crying:

Ive had to borrow my mums laptop to post this, so i dont know when i can get again (im not at school again untill monday)

Thanks guys

2. Addis

Addis The King

I'd do a reinstall of Windows, repair if you have to. Seems like a virus attack to me.

3. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

Yeah I'd go with a repair also.