CPU, MOBO, or memory issues

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by tentative, Sep 7, 2010.

1. tentative

tentative Geek Trainee

Recently my computer blue screened so hard that it wouldn't boot up. The first thing I ran diagnostics on was the memory. One stick turned out to be bad, so I tossed it. The other two checked out fine according to windows memory diagnostics program. When I tried to boot up back into windows, it would get to the fancy win7 loading screen with the flag on it for a bit, then the screen would flash and it'd be back at the MOBO logo screen. One of my friends said that it could be either the processor or the mobo. Any thoughts out there on this? Is there a way to check the processor itself for hardware problems?

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

maybe you should try to boot into safe mode fist.

I guess that Hirens Boot CD is hoing to have everything you'll need - cpu stress testing is the only thing I can think about in regards to testing the processor.

3. daz

daz Geek

Windows 7, seems to have some funny problem with USB devises to.

4. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

first off all try getting into it using safemode, b4 windows boots spam f8 and boot safemode. if you can get into windows then it's most like a driver issue or a service running in memory you will have to troubleshoot your way thought it. to get to services type services.msc in the run command box. you can also go to system properties - advanced and set it not to restart after memory dump and start windows normally and write down the error code and post it on here. but if you can't get into safemode then it sounds like you need to repair your windows installation or format, when your system is booting up and blue screen (memory dump) and restart generally means there are essential corrupted windows files needed for loading the OS or it could be OS kernel when it comes to allocating memory and paging in data to RAM.

5. Storm2313

Storm2313 Geek Trainee

Sounds like an OS kernel definetly.