EVGA Mobos

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by andyahunt, Aug 6, 2005.

1. andyahunt

andyahunt Geek Trainee

Are they any good? I'd assume that they are, since it's evga. what do u think?

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

If your talking about EVGA Graphics cards then yes they are very good cards, on the high perfomance list!

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

No he's refering to they're mobo's, I've seen one on Newegg but no reviews. I personally wouldn't go with them as they don't really have much experience with this line of hardware so stick with the big boys for now.

4. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Oh OK, i didnt know that they made mobo's, where have i been lately :)

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I've heard eVGA is coming out with a triple SLI board, though, only 2 slots will function in SLI mode actually (at 8x PCIe each), and then you have a spare for reasons unknown. Should be cool but too expensive to be worth it. Jetway has had something like this out for a few months anyway.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

eVGA has just recently started putting out motherboards, so I don't blame people for not knowing about them. Considering the price they run for, I'd suggest going with an Asus, Abit, or MSI board instead. They've had proven motherboards, whereas eVGA's just started into that market. Other than that, I can't see anything inheritly wrong with them.

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

True:), though I'm still a little timid with going with an MSI board, I know plenty of thier models are rock solid for the most part but I've heard enough bad things I can't help but stay away when searching stores.