HDTV Tuner Card/Video Card Issue

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by xboarder2000, Nov 21, 2007.

1. xboarder2000

xboarder2000 Geek Trainee

Hello, I just bought a KWORLD 115 HDTV Tuner card. Of course I can only get SDTV- but I should have realized that before I purchased it. :x: Anyway, a message came up in the middle of the night, because i had it set to record something on animal planet and it said this when I woke up : Your video card does not support hardware acceleration so you are unable to view HD channels. (Something along those lines.) I have 2 7900GT's in SLi with a 19" LCD Widscreen monitor running at its native 1440x900 resolution. The software that came with the device was "ArcSoft Totalmedia 3". So, do I have to go to NVIDIA control panel and select HD OUTPUT everytime I want to watch HDTV (everytime I do that it downgrades my resolution to 1280x720, loosing my crisp 1440x900 picture)? I thought 1440x900 would be backwards compatible with 720p? I thought NVIDIA 7900GT's supported HD? :( Im confused at this point. This tuner card has been a nightmare. Thanks in advance, Happy Thanksgiving. :)

One more question, is there any way to have the screensaver automatically diasble when the tv tuner program starts, then automatically enable again after it is turned off, without paying for it? I have the trial for Softany Monitor Control 2.06, it works great, but it costs >$16.00. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. xboarder2000

xboarder2000 Geek Trainee

It seems I have stumped everyone? What a surprise, I should have thought that only I would have a problem that noone could figure out!