Help in finding Buffalo driver

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by rickyny4you, Mar 3, 2009.

1. rickyny4you

rickyny4you Geek Trainee

Hello is there anyone who have the driver for either PCI or PCMCIA driver of Ethernet card. Model.

Buffalo tech, LCP4-CLX in english version.

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance:)

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

3. rickyny4you

rickyny4you Geek Trainee

Brother I already know the website of the manufacture of this card. Actually this card is a bit old and the website has been updated. And the link providing the information driver has already been deleted by them. They deal with No more lower accessories. they start dealing high and expensive products. I have the only driver for this card is available which is made in japan. When i install the driver. It says that the inf file was not the one which was required. I am trying to find someone who has the driver for this card in english, and who is already a user of this card. Thanks for your help The model is the same which i have. The driver is not available any where. I have searched all the websites for the driver. But found a few website has the card. But they charge fees for the driver. It is only a 73 kb file size and my laptop can'nt connect to the network cuz of this tinny driver.

The model is I have:

Buffalo tech, LCP4-CLX, Ethernet Card.

I have the one which is used in the PCMCIA slot of the portable Laptop.

4. Anti-Trend

I'm not sure that card was ever available in English-speaking countries, so there may not even be an English version of the driver. However, all hope is not lost. Buffalo doesn't make the chipset, only assembles all the components on the PCB and resells it. If you can identify the make and model of the chipset, you may be able to use generic drivers instead.

5. rickyny4you

rickyny4you Geek Trainee

The network was packed but I opened it to see, What type of chips are used inside the circuite. I found two chips one has only 12 legs but i think that is not the chip needing driver, The second has arround 60 legs on the circuite.

Those are these chips. :

Magtek. 8294
    Asix ax88790

I found a driver supporting the asix chipset. But windows did'nt recognise it. I enforce install it. it shows no error. before it was showing error. But the windows Plug and play process does'nt begin. It means the windows does'nt accept the driver.

I pluged in the network cable but No. Plugin network bullon appear. It means the asix does'nt work with it. Only the one made by buffalo.

But the Buffalo driver was available in the english site. But has been deleted i am sure about it.

thanks for your support.

6. rickyny4you

rickyny4you Geek Trainee

Finally i found the driver from the net but i forgot the address. But for other users help i would like to add this link there are two folder in this compressed file. both works in vista, xp, windows me, only.

Buffalo tech, LPC4-CLX, fast ethernet card driver.

Attached Files:

7. Anti-Trend

Thanks for posting the driver. Hopefully it will help someone else in your situation. :)