I Can't Access My Partitions Directly!

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by CazLo, Dec 17, 2006.

1. CazLo

CazLo Geek Trainee

hi guys ,

I have a problem with my partitions ,My hard drive is 160gb western digital sata ,I formatted it 4 partitions C-D-E-F ,any way it was ok for 2 months now but suddenly yesterday i was trying to open any partition , it didnt respond !! , i press double click and nothing happens , i have to right click then (OPEN) and that's so boooring ,i reinstalled my win xp ,but the problem still bothering me :( .

any one have any idea ?

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I dont have any reason but have got an idea... Backup whatever you have on that drive into different drive... Go to Disk Management(RightClick MyComputer > Manage > Disk Management) delete that partition and make it again from there... n see if it works:eek:hah:

3. CazLo

CazLo Geek Trainee

well ,thats my plane B :D when i have ne other choices .

thnx any way ;) .

any other good thoughts ?

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

what exacty do you mean by: it didnt respond
    where exactly did you double click

Edit: have you concidered using any 3rd party partitioning software like Acronis Disk Director

5. CazLo

CazLo Geek Trainee

6. donkey42

donkey42 plank

right, this problem is with XP, and i've never seen this before,
    try updating your anti virus software and check for spyware with a program like spybot S&D, Ad-aware

update both and enter safe mode and start scanning

7. CazLo

CazLo Geek Trainee

actually its the first time happens to me either and i dont have anti virus or anti spy wares ,when the problem happened i reinstalled win xp and formatted the C ,but the problem still exist !! .

thnx for help any way ;)

any other thoughts ? , before i get into plane B ? :p which is hard on me :x: .

8. Karanislove

Go through [link=http://www.hardwareforums.com/windows-xp-security-guide-9738/]this thread[/link] and download all anti's of security threats... ;)

9. donkey42

donkey42 plank

go through Karan's posted thread, but before going to plan B run updated antivirus and anti spyware then run them in safe mode[ot]using XP online without a firewall and antivirus is like waving a red flag at a bull and saying "i'm here, come and get me"[/ot]

10. Karanislove

[ot]
    Yea... or u could say, driving a car on the wrong side:D...[/ot]

11. CazLo

CazLo Geek Trainee

ohhh , thnx guys i'll follow the security guide ,but till i finish reading it , how to run antiviruss in safe mode ?

thnx alot guys :)

12. Karanislove

like [link=http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/boot_failsafe.mspx?mfr=true]this....[/link]

13. SolitoN

SolitoN Geek Trainee

Also try running chkdsk or any physical disk consistency scanning software...The problem might be hardware related.