Internet Telephony

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by neerajcd, Mar 17, 2002.

1. neerajcd

neerajcd Geek Trainee

Is there a way to use Internet Telephony to get somebody else connected to the internet where internet services are not available. i.e. I dial using internet telephony to a distant place and than using Network connection (Broadband) allow other person to use the net as well.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I think it would be possible, but it would cost allot! as it would be a long distant call for the other person!

3. neerajcd

neerajcd Geek Trainee

But I want a Solution

Thanks for your reply but a mere Yes or no will not help me. Please give me a something more comprehensive. Thanx.
    :blah:

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Hmmm...the closest thing I can come up with is Internet Connection sharing, but I'm not sure how that would do over modem-to-modem connections. I can't really give much info as I've never really played with this stuff, or had the need to.

5. syngod

syngod Moderator

I can't think of any similar protocols except for RAS which would only provide dial-up speed and I'm not sure if it will allow for internet telephony or if it only alows traditional dial-up but I'll check on it.

Where are the places located you'd be thinking about setting this up as anywhere in North America you should be able to get a high speed connection anywhere through the use of sattelite.

6. neerajcd

neerajcd Geek Trainee

I live in India

Sorry for being late. Actually I live in India and braodband net is not available evrywhere.

So I wish to try such a possibility. Thankx for your help.

7. Katin

Katin Geek Trainee

Have you ever tried using skype? with it you can easylly dial any phone