MSN Signing in takes ages and disconnects automatically ??? PLEASE HELP !

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by Euro98ITR, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Euro98ITR

Euro98ITR Big Geek

In these last two weeks my MSN is taking ages to sign in and somtimes its saying that there is a problem with my internet connection. After several attempts it signs in ! It sometimes disconnects automatically! Im running the latest version on a PC running WinXP PRo SP2 and all the latest updates. First I thought that I was infected by a virus or something but I also tried to sign in from another PC in the same house but the problem seems to persist! So the problem is not from my PC. I think really there is something wrong with my conncection. Browsing the net is perfect no problems at all . Im connected with an ADSL 2.2MPS via a USB modem. Is there something I can try ?

2. Addis

Addis The King

Try connecting to your modem via an ethernet cable instead of USB.

3. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

Are you behind a router? If so you may have to open ports for MSN to work properly.

4. Euro98ITR

Euro98ITR Big Geek

Ive been using this modem / connection for more than 2 years and never experienced any problems with it ! I think its not the modem the problem. Im get error # 810000306 . I also tried the troubleshooter but it didnt help either ! Im really frustrated :(

What do you mean by opening ports ?

5. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I hope this will help you out~!
    Code:
    http://messenger.msn.com/Help/