Multiple Monitor Problems

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Thunderfm, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Thunderfm

Thunderfm Geek Trainee

When I try to capture video in Adobe Premier, my secondary display turns itself off and I cannot get it to display aything without exiting Premiere. This also happens with Windows Media Player, but media player simply displays the media full screen on the secondary monitor. My display worked perfectly before, but just recently it has been doing this.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or know how to stop my secondary monitor from trying to be useful with its full screen tricks?

2. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

Hi m8 i had dual view and had the same problem of sorts the problem with mine was the two screen resolutions where different, with my primary display being 1024x768 and my secondary being 800x600 when i opened a program such as adobe premier the other would turn off, if this is not your solution try running the screen setup wizard that should be in the comtrol panel of your computer depening on what graphics card you have, from this you can set it up if different ways such as dualview and clone. Hope this helps Cheers Dave :cool:

3. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Well, I have dual screens and I used to have the problem with WMP. I have ATI and my Catalyst driver was set to have the second screen in some mode like "Theater" or something. I set it to standard and it works fine. Sorry but I don't have Adobe Premier so I can't help with that.