Need Help With Windows

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by AndyOi, May 8, 2008.

1. AndyOi

AndyOi Geek Trainee

Hi..Im using HP Compaq V3791TU.After I bought this notebook,i just realise that this laptop doesnt support windows XP.If you install windows Xp,some of the drivers will be missing.So now i would like to install windows Vista and windows XP in my laptop,cuz somw of my programs need to be run from XP
    So can this be done?By installing 2 windows in the same hdisk bt different partition?

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

what do you mean by "it doesn't support XP"? I mean, of course windows XP won't include all drivers in the standart installation - you have to go to the HP homepage and get them seperately.

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

I think that Laptop came with FreeDos in it, It says at the CompaQ website that the recommend Vista for that laptop. BUT if it was ME, I would install XP..
    XP would run so much better.. You just would have to hunt down the drivers.

4. AndyOi

AndyOi Geek Trainee

It recomended vista.Ghostman...I can install XP in it but some of the drivers are missing.I called the HP service centre but they said that the drivers are only for Vista and windows XP cant use windows update to find drivers.Can anyone help me find the drivers for sound and VGA?Please

5. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek