Password bypass

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by Jragon16, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Jragon16

Jragon16 Geek Trainee

I am trying to fix my friends computer but when I am in her account and try to uninstall things or do anything else, it asks for a password. She doesnt remember it... which makes it so annoying, and I cannot figure out how to get around it so I can finish working on her computer

2. Jragon16

Jragon16 Geek Trainee

I was able to get rid of her viruses and spyware, but as far as messing around with the start up stuff and removing programs, etc... it always asks for a password

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

to remove the password from startup, type in the run box, control userpasswords2 and take out the check mark..

4. Jragon16

Jragon16 Geek Trainee

its not the windows login screen passwords, its whenever i try to alter something after im in the account

5. Jragon16

Jragon16 Geek Trainee

i cant even do msconfig without it asking for a password so something tells me that wont work either (run)

6. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

sounds like to me she doesn't have admin privladges, due to the virus corrupting her account demoting her to non admin. I would back up all her stuff and formatt the machine. save youself alot of time.

btw: there is also one other thing you can try before formatting, using a boot cd ( live cd ) called ophcrack, it boots into linux based OS and you can set it to decrypt the password of the accounts on that hard drive. it will find every account on the hard disk and also the locations of the encrypted key which is in the registry and then decrypt it and give you the password, you can then log into the admin account and promote her account back to admin.

7. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

have you tried safe mode to see what happens ?