Signature Help

Discussion in 'Graphics Design' started by RA, Nov 20, 2004.

1. RA

RA Geek Trainee

Hi Waffle! I know about the Sig tutorial! I even have my image ready to put in. I also have 6 folders of grudge brushes on the desktop. The Exposed brushes seem to be just examples of tossing paint on the canvas, which is great, but how do you do it?
    With the Angryblue brushes, I can't seem to tell the difference between those, and the PS brushes, up in the upper left corner of the screen. I get the idea of the "grungy" effect, but can't figure out how to do it with these computer brushes!
    Any suggestions?

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Have you installed the grunge brushes on your pc?

If you haven't, put the *.abr file into your Photoshop>>Preset>>Brushes folder and reload
    photoshop.

Do get the grungy effect, seriously just tap the mouse over the document, and then more it a bit. Change the brush, click again.

Grunge is always messed up and has a "dirty, grimy" feel to it.

3. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

Waffle...my signature is not working...??? I can't even preview my signature.
    :confused:

4. RA

RA Geek Trainee

Thanks. I got the .abr files into PS. I couldn't find "blending to Multiply". I did the Merge down with Command+E , and lost a layer! Is that what's supposed to happen? "Then set the layer to lighten"...do you mean click "Normal", and hit "Lighten" on the pop down/up menu? And if everything is copasetic, merge down again. I guess that means, you start out with one layer, and end up with just one. Is that right?

How does the image get into the "grungy" box? When my image appears, I have to resize it. It appeared in it's own little box, with the Red, Amber, and Green buttons in the upper left corner? I can drag it around, but it's a separate item.

I'm going to have to give it up for a bit. :-( TTYL

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Yes, lighten is under the pop-down menu - normal.

Yes, you will end up with 1 layer at the end, and when you merge them, that is what is supposed to happen.

After you merge your grunge into one layer, open your image up, and it will appear in a separate window. Simply select the Drag tool, and drag it on to your grunge background. You may have to resize the windows to see.

After that, you can resize the image with CTRL/COMMAND + T, and then continue with the tutorial.

6. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Yes, I couldn't either for a while.

Imageshack went down I think, I couldn't access their site.

7. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

Oh! Everytime something like that happens I figure I messed up somewhere! Second time this week I thought I messed up n' I didn't!
    :good: :D

8. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

lol!

See, your sig is back now. I still can't access imageshack, so I uploaded my new sig at some other site.